Technology Sales Consultant
To Apply Send Your Resume To dseverance@Nova-Communications.com
Would you like to be part of the team at a Technology Solutions provider in the Twin Cities? Are you a seasoned Sales Consultant with years of experience looking for a challenging opportunity? Nova Communications is an established Communications Solutions Provider delivering exceptional service to our small-to-medium sized clients. This provides an excellent opportunity for you to help grow Nova’s business and enhance your career along the way.
We are growing our solutions offering including Virtualization, Collaboration, Hosted, Infrastructure, and Communication Solutions, so we need people that can roll up their sleeves and take on responsibility outside of their comfort zone. If you are up to the challenge, this should be a fun place to grow your career and hone your sales skills. We have an immediate need for Sales Consultant with 2+ years of relevant experience. Our average tenure is significant, so we are looking for candidates interested in a career rather than a job.
Position is responsible for prospecting through electronic marketing and cold calling efforts, conducting customer needs analysis, developing appropriate customer solutions, closing opportunities and providing high levels of customer service and on-going account management.
Candidate must exhibit strong desire to aggressively market and generate new opportunities and have a demonstrated ability to close sales opportunities in the information technology industry. The candidate should be well organized, possess and practice entrepreneurial behaviors, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and exhibit strong ability to overcome objections.
Acquires new business opportunities related to selling Technology Solutions to new customers: Pre-sales, customer presentations, proposal writing, pricing, and contract negotiation. Develops sales leads, calls on prospective customers (in-person and via video / phone). Presents / provides information about company products and services. Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for new orders. Candidate also researches prospective companies in preparation of obtaining new business.
Follow up with customers with personal visits, phone calls, letters, etc. Work closely with other Sovran employees to ensure all other Service and product opportunities are pursued. Work closely with the Service Delivery Organization to propose and price technology for new and existing customers and to plan for the implementation of those services.
Job Requirements / Responsibilities:
- Bachelor Degree from four-year college or university desired and a solid understanding of account strategies and value selling.
- Strong sales experience with proven ability to sell information technology service offerings and close new business.
- Minimum of 2 years experience selling Information Technology Solutions
- General selling principles including relationship selling strategies
- General business principles in applying technology solutions
- Basic knowledge of Virtualization, Infrastructure, Collaboration, and Technical solutions
- Experience with Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, and Cisco software and hardware a definite advantage.
- Personal Computer skills such as word processing and spreadsheets
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including oral, written communication and effective presentation skills are required.
- Task orientated and ability to self-manage
- Able to define and evaluate customer needs and devise solutions
- Proven ability to deal professionally with customers, associates and upper management
- Must have reliable transportation for local travel to client sites
- Ability to adapt presentation and communication methods quickly and develop the ability to demonstrate key solutions with little or no advanced notice.